Monday, May 29, 2017

37 Weeks


How far along: 37 weeks, 6 days
Maternity clothes: Nothing more really…with only a few weeks left I think I’m good for now J
Stretch marks: None…yay!
Sleep: I’m still doing pretty good.  Just have to have my one pillow between my knees and under my belly, and I just flip side to side a lot.  Luckily I still sleep all the way through most nights!
Best moment this week: Doing our maternity shoot!  For a while there, I was debating doing one since I’m still trying to be careful with budget (it definitely will be a relief once Hesston lands a job!) Anyways, I decided to look into it and see if I could do just a mini shoot just so I could have a few cute professional pictures with me and Hesston to document this first pregnancy.  I contacted Stacey Hansen from a referral I got from one of my trainers at work, and I could NOT be more grateful that I chose to go with her!  She gave us a great deal, and she gave me TONS of beautiful pictures.  On the day of the shoot, everything went really smooth, and we couldn’t have asked for better weather!  We met our photographer on a Saturday evening at Denzil Stewart Nature Park in Logan, and it was the prettiest spot!  I had never even heard of it, and was so glad she knew about this place!  We got there a little bit early and walked around looking for spots we for sure wanted to get pictures in.  Hesston even did a couple of test shots with his phone, and swears he could have just done the whole shoot himself…too bad babe, I wanted you in the pictures haha.  Anyways, after meeting up with our photographer and looking over all of the poses I really liked (thank you Pinterest!), we shot pictures at a bunch of really pretty spots, including down by a river…ya, this place was awesome!  I had two different outfits, and luckily it wasn’t too difficult changing even though we were standing out in the middle of this park haha.  Not too many people were there luckily :) After seeing all of the pictures though (which by the way Stacey got back to me VERY quickly) I couldn’t have been more THRILLED with how everything turned out!  I’ll put all the pictures up on a separate post :)
Miss anything: At this point, it’s just the same stuff, like being able to sleep on my back, being more comfortable while sitting, etc…but really life isn’t too bad!
Movement:  Same kind of cramped up type movements haha.  To me it doesn’t look my belly has gotten much bigger, but I’m sure baby has, so I’m thinking she is just really crammed in there lol.  One of the nights, she REALLY stretched out her legs a few times, and it honestly hurt!!  Her little feet were sticking out as far as she could get them to go, and my body didn’t like that very much lol. She’s hit my ribs a couple times too, and that definitely doesn’t feel too good!
Symptoms: Still this darn tailbone pain, constant Braxton Hicks, but luckily, I haven’t noticed the upper back pain as much lately!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still no!
Have you started to show yet: Yep…it will be weird to not have this belly anymore actually haha
Gender prediction: Baby girl
Labor signs: Just having lots of Braxton Hicks!  Nothing too painful, but my stomach just gets reallllly tight, so it’s more uncomfortable than painful.  I don’t want to know what the real ones feel like just yet!
Belly button in or out: Still mostly flat, but it sticks out a touch if I stand just right…even my photographer said she had a moment she could see it popping out!
Wedding rings on or off: Still on!  I never had any problems with swelling thankfully :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Really happy!  I feel so blessed with everything in our lives right now.  Even though we’ve had a heck of a time getting a job for Hesston (even though he has two masters degrees…ya we’re stumped a little bit too haha), we’ve learned to be grateful for everything going right in our life, and truth is, we have a LOT to be grateful for!  This baby is healthy, my body is still handling pregnancy really well, we aren’t having to move RIGHT before delivery like I was afraid could happen, so ya…life is just peachy :)
Looking forward to: Just baby girl getting here!  It really is crazy how close we are getting, and even though I feel great and don’t mind if she takes her time (just not too much time haha), I am getting more and more excited to meet her, and to have a new little baby to share our home with.


No comments:

Post a Comment