Tuesday, March 21, 2017

28 Weeks


How far along: 28 weeks, 6 days
Maternity clothes: Still doing what I can to fit into what I have.  Exercise pants are still working great, but my t-shirts are getting tighter and tighter haha
Stretch marks: Still no!  I made Hesston check under my belly where I can’t see anymore just to make sure lol
Sleep: Doing ok, but my back really has it’s painful moments :(  The other night, I just had to roll onto my back cuz I couldn’t take it anymore!  I definitely see some more chiropractor visits in the future
Best moment this week: I got to have a much needed pedicure!  It was so nice to finally get my toes summer-ready with all of the warm weather we have been having in Logan!
{Not the best picture, but my feet and toes look so much prettier than they did!}

Miss anything: I’m missing being able to go in the hot tub lately!  It would feel so good on my back, but I’ll have to make do with other pain relief methods for now…good thing Hesston has been very willing to give me back massages :)
Movement: Yes, tons!  She is getting even stronger, and I have felt a lot of full-on flipping around and some major kicking!  I also can now say that I have felt her have hiccups a few times!  It basically feels like a twitching/little heart beat pulsing in your stomach…so cute!
Food cravings: Nothing major lately.  Me and Hesston have been trying to eat healthier though, and we got some salmon (for the omega-3’s) at Sam’s Club the other day, and it was so yummy!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, still ok there.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, and more and more people comment on it all the time now haha
Gender prediction:  Baby girl :)
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Still pretty happy, especially since we are just inching closer and closer to Hesston graduating, and this baby being born!
Looking forward to: A fun little trip we have planned for St. George in a couple weeks!  I am watching my friend Kim’s kids for a few days while they’re gone on a cruise, and I am just excited for the warm weather, and getting out of Logan for a little while :)

{Side Story}:  So I had my glucose test at my doctor’s appointment this week, and I am happy to report that my results came back normal!  So as far as how the morning of the test went, everything went as planned…I ate breakfast at 7:45, drank my orange drink at 8:45 (it wasn’t too bad – tasted just like flat orange soda like everyone said it would…it was suuuper sweet though and kinda burned my throat going down haha), and then we got to the doctor’s office by 9:45 to have my blood tested.  
{The delicious orange glucose drink}
I’ve never been too bad with needles, so the blood draw wasn’t terrible, (except I wore a tight long sleeve shirt - wish I woulda thought that one through haha - and had to take it part-way off for them to be able to get to my arm to draw my blood!)  After that I had to get the Rhogam shot, and they do that one high up on your butt basically, so I had to stand bearing all my weight on one leg while she put the Rhogam shot in the other…ouch!  It burned pretty good going in haha.  Anyways, the nurse then left, and we waited for the doctor to come in.   I sat on the exam bed, and kinda started feeling sweaty and nauseous.  I laid down, hoping it would pass, but I started feeling worse!  I was laying there fanning my face with my hand, and luckily there were some magazines in the room, and Hesston came over and started fanning me with one.  It definitely helped, but I was just feeling so sick and hot that I was miserable!  Luckily, it only lasted 5-10 minutes, and by the time the doctor came in, it had mostly passed.  I’ve had a couple other similar experiences to this (it’s basically just a vaso-vagal response where my body overreacts when things happen to it that it doesn’t like haha…I guess it didn’t like that Rhogam shot!)  Now let’s just hope it handles childbirth ok!!




No comments:

Post a Comment