Monday, March 13, 2017

27 Weeks

How far along: 27 weeks, 6 days
Maternity clothes: I’m hoping to get a few more things possibly, especially since I am probably going to be getting a lot bigger in my third trimester!
Stretch marks: Nope, still ok on that front!
Sleep: Still good, luckily still sleeping through the night most of the time.  The chiropractor did mention that having to sleep on my side all the time could be part of the cause of my back pain…definitely can’t wait for that symptom to be gone!
Best moment this week: Had a few this weekend!  Finally getting to go to the chiropractor and get an adjustment.  I LOVED the special pillow they use for pregnant women so that I could lay on my stomach…too bad he said it cost like $300 lol.  Also, on Sunday night, my brother Derrick was up visiting for just a night from Vegas, and he got to feel her kick!  She doesn’t get going crazy too often, but she started kicking a TON when he put his hand on my belly!  It was so exciting for him to get to feel it, and for it to be more than a couple small kicks…such a special moment J  Now if only she would do that for Hesston haha.
Miss anything: Still probably having all of our closest grad school friends here in Logan with us!  One of the couples came back from Michigan for a sister’s wedding this weekend, and getting to hang out with them again was SO good and much needed!  These people became our family, and having them gone has definitely made this semester not quite as fun.  Good thing we are getting close to being done!
Movement: You betcha!  She is getting stronger and bigger for sure, so it’s SO cool to feel when she gets moving!  I’ll admit there were a couple days after having felt her really good where I actually didn’t feel her much, and it made me kinda nervous.  The nurse had told me to come in anytime for a quick heartbeat check anytime I was worried, so I couldn’t help but take advantage of this just for some reassurance.  Once I got into the room and she put the Doppler on my belly, she found her heartbeat almost immediately, and soon after, she started kicking the Doppler wand through my stomach!  It was really funny, and the nurse was saying the baby was probably like “hey I’m in here and I’m fine, leave me alone!”  Haha so glad baby girl is doing ok J
Food cravings: You probably could guess it by now…cold cereal lol.  Lately it’s been Chocolate Mini Wheats (the extra little ones…give them a try!) Other than that, salad and sandwiches sound good a lot of the time.  I guess it’s good I mostly crave healthy food!
Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats Little Bites® Chocolate cereal


Anything making you queasy or sick: Still not really, but I sometimes feel a little yucky when I go too long without eating, and get heartburn when I overeat.
Have you started to show yet: There’s definitely no hiding it!  People still ask me all time when I’m due…I’m just glad my baby is growing!
Gender prediction:  Baby girl
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out: In, still flat
Wedding rings on or off: On, and hopefully will be for a while
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, especially because the weather has FINALLY been amazing!  Who would’ve thought I would ever think of 60 degrees as heaven lol.
Looking forward to: My doctor’s appointment this week!  I get to do the much anticipated “Glucose Test” where you drink the sugary orange drink and check for gestational diabetes.  I also have to get my Rhogam shot at this appointment since I have negative type blood.  I hope it doesn’t hurt too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment