Tuesday, January 17, 2017

20 Weeks - Halfway There!

How far along: 20 weeks, 1 day
Maternity clothes: Yep, I officially need them!  I’m actually wearing my first pair of maternity jeans in this picture!  My sweet friend Michelle let me borrow these since I haven’t gotten any yet, and MAN are they comfy!  I will definitely be on the hunt for more J
Stretch marks: Nope, but I can feel my belly stretching more and more.  A wonderful client of mine got me Shea butter with lavender in it for Christmas (such a doll!), and I will try using that and maybe a few other things to keep my skin as soft and moisturized as I can!
Sleep: Still really good!  Luckily I am already a side sleeper so it won’t be a problem having to be stuck on my side for the next few months.
Best moment this week: I’d say it’s between getting some maternity clothes (regular pants, including my workout pants, are just too tight and hurt my belly, so it was nice to get some looser fitting ones) and buying our baby’s first toy!  I found the cutest stuffed elephant (neutral colors since we don’t know the gender yet) and could NOT resist getting it lol
Miss anything: Pregnancy-wise, no.  But I sure miss our friends!  We have gotten very close to a few other couples in Hesston’s grad school cohort over the last year and a half, and 3 of them are all starting their jobs now, and have moved to other parts of the country (Chicago, Michigan, and Houston)…I already miss them dearly!
Morning sickness:  Nope
Movement: Yay, finally I have!  It is getting more obvious when it’s the baby, and it’s so cool!  Just tonight I felt something move in two different spots of my belly, and it did it again a few seconds later!  I can’t wait to feel more!!
Food cravings: Still wishing Logan had a Del Taco…probably good they don’t lol.  I do like Cream of Wheat with bananas or scrambled eggs lately
Anything making you queasy or sick: Thankfully not…especially since I work in a gym and that could have been a very bad thing haha
Have you started to show yet: Oh yes!  It’s getting harder and harder to hide it.  At least I think I’m close to being out of the awkward “just looking like I have a pooch” phase
Gender prediction:  Well, things have kind of changed on that front.  I was shopping about a week ago, and just wasn’t loving the girl stuff (probably cuz I was at Wal-Mart lol), and I just liked the boy stuff more.  And I somewhat had an epiphany, where something was telling me it was a boy!  And I was actually really happy about it!  Our friend said their nurse actually kept track of people’s gender predictions and how accurate they are, and said that Dads are about 50/50 (basically the odds to begin with lol), but Moms are actually right 75% of the time! Hesston still wants a girl, but I guess we will see!!  I still will be happy either way J
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On, and thankfully still plenty loose
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy (and getting more excited)
Looking forward to: Finally knowing the gender!  Appointment is tomorrow morning!!




No comments:

Post a Comment