Sunday, January 1, 2017

17 Weeks



How far along: 17 weeks, 6 days
Maternity clothes: None yet...luckily I get to wear workout clothes basically every day for my job lol
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Sleeping just fine so far!  However, this morning, and a couple other times, I have had the most PAINFUL charlie horse in my calf muscle...so bad it woke me up and throbbed for a solid couple minutes...ouch!!
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat again! It's always such a relief to know baby is still going strong in there...crazy how fast their hearts beat too (about 140-150 bpm!)  We also got to finally tell our best friends that we are pregnant..we've been keeping this secret in for a long time!!
Have you told family & friends: Yes, finally!  We are actually making it "Facebook official" tomorrow on New Years day!
Miss anything: Not really...maybe sushi, and also being able to take any decent medicine for colds/pain relief...you  pretty much can't have anything when you're pregnant!
Morning sickness:  None...thank goodness for that :)
Movement: Yep, totally think I can say that I have!  It's so fun, especially at night laying in bed.  I will feel a tight pressure on one side, and can push on it, and can tell there a hard "lump" on one side, and it's soft on my other side, and I'm convinced that's the baby hanging out there...so cool!
Food cravings:  Still love my Crispix cereal, orange juice, and bananas
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope...I've gotten really lucky with my pregnancy
Have you started to show yet: I definitely think so!  Sometimes it depends on the day, and also on the clothes I'm wearing, but I am definitely having a harder time keeping my stomach "flat"...good thing we're going public tomorrow so I don't have to hide anymore!
Gender prediction: Don't want to try and guess...I'll admit we want a girl, but I also don't want to feel disappointed if it's a boy.  We'll find out in about 2 1/2 weeks!
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but I definitely have my moody/cranky moments lol.  Hesston I'm sure is ready for me to not be grumpy anymore!  I don't notice it all the time, but I definitely get impatient more easily, and frustrated with silly things.  It's probably the stress of my job more than pregnancy though haha.
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender! My ultrasound appointment is on January 18th, and I am so ready to be able to start shopping for baby stuff and making this whole thing feel more real!

No comments:

Post a Comment